- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
PHOTO: Angry Arsenal Star Slams ‘Lazy’ Media For Talking ‘Nonsense’
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has slammed journalist Richard Innes for claiming he has the worlds most brittle ankles following his latest injury.
Jack suffered yet another ankle injury against Manchester United last weekend and was ruled out for at least three months after undergoing surgery on Thursday afternoon.
Given Jack’s long history of ankle problems, journalist Richard Innes claimed in an article in the Mirror this morning that the midfielder had the ‘worlds most brittle ankles’.
This prompted a response from Jack, who took to his Instagram page this morning to upload two photos showing the moment United defender Paddy McNair nailed him during our loss at the Emirates.
Wilshere took Innes to task for his ‘lazy’ journalism by explaining that most players would have broken their ankles following this terrible tackle, but because he actually has ‘loose joints’ he got away with just damaged ligaments.
Fair play to Jack for calling the journo out on this, it will be interesting to see if Innes comes back with a response of his own…..
We all know the media like to talk nonsense, not all of them, but most! And most of it I can take…however after being shown an article in @DailyMirror saying I have 'Worlds most Brittle ankles'. @bigrichinnes clearly doesn't know what 'brittle' means, as this picture clearly shows' most people/players would have broken their ankle if someone tackled them like this. Luckily I have 'loose joints', not brittle' and only damaged ligaments. #Fool #GetTheFacts