- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
PHOTO: Arsenal Star All Smiles In Hospital Bed After Having Surgery
Arsenal star Jack Wilshere has posted a photo of him smiling on his hospital bed after undergoing ankle surgery on Thursday afternoon.
Wilshere was ruled out for at least three months after going under the knife in a London hospital today to repair ligaments in his left ankle.
The midfielder picked up his latest injury during our 2-1 defeat to Manchester United last weekend following a nasty tackle from Paddy McNair.
Jack has now uploaded a photo to his Instagram page of him smiling with his thumbs up in his hospital bed after having his surgery, and you can see his ankle is heavily strapped.
It’s a huge blow for Jack and Arsenal as with Mikel Arteta also facing a spell on the sidelines, we’re desperately short of options in midfield.
Hopefully Jack’s rehabilitation goes smoothly as any set-backs along the way could mean the end of his season, which would be a sad end to what started off as a promising campaign for the 22-year-old.
Here’s the pic he uploaded to Instagram:
Ankle needed surgery in the end, went well thanks to the main man James Calder! Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.