- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Star Declared FIT To Face Man Utd
Arsenal have been handed a major injury boost after Roy Hodgson eased fears over the fitness of Danny Welbeck.
The striker picked up a minor hamstring injury early in the second half at Celtic Park and after signalling to the bench that he was in some discomfort, he initially played on.
Welbz didn’t last long though and was replaced by Raheem Sterling in the 66th minute, and understandably many fans were fearing he could be set to miss this weekend’s clash with United.
However, speaking after England’s 3-1 win over Scotland, Roy Hodgson told reporters that the 23-year-old’s substitution was merely a precaution due to stiffness in his hamstring and the Three Lions boss was quoted by journalist Neil Ashton as saying that Welbeck should be fine to line-up against his former side on Saturday.
“Luke Shaw and Danny Welbeck were taken off the field because they felt slight stiffness in their groin and hamstring.”
Hodgson says Shaw (groin) and Welbeck (hamstring) will be fit for the weekend.
— Neil Ashton (@neilashton_) November 18, 2014
Obviously it’s a big boost as we’d have been severely lacking in options up front if Welbeck was ruled out. Olivier Giroud is expected back in light training this week but won’t be fit to return on Saturday, so hopefully Hodgson is right and Danny will take on United.