- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
TEAM NEWS: Latest On Wilshere, Ozil, Arteta, Koscielny + Giroud
Arsenal get back to Premier League action on Sunday when we take on Swansea at the Liberty Stadium. Here is the latest team news from Arsene Wenger.
The boss has confirmed some positive news on Mikel Arteta after the midfielder was forced off during our embarrassing 3-3 draw with Anderlecht with a hamstring injury.
Arsene has ruled the Spaniard out of the Swansea game but thankfully he has only suffered a minor problem and should be back after the international break.
Arteta will be joined back in full training by Olivier Giroud with the boss confirming the striker is set for an early return from his ankle injury which he suffered against Everton back in August.
Jack Wilshere has missed the last two games through injury, illness and suspension but he’ll be back in contention to take on Swansea this weekend.
Laurent Koscielny has been out for over a month since aggravating his Achilles injury while away with France at the start of October but he has a chance of returning to training after the international break.
Arsene also revealed that our long-term injury victims Mathieu Debuchy, David Ospina and Mesut Ozil are progressing well but they have some time to go before they are expected to return.
This is the bosses update:
on Mikel Arteta…
Arteta will be out for Sunday. He has a mild hamstring strain and he will be out for a short period because it’s a grade one. He should be back after the internationals.
on Olivier Giroud…
Giroud joins in training next week.
on Jack Wilshere…
Jack is alright, he is back in the squad for Sunday.
on the long-term absentees…
Debuchy, Ospina and Ozil are progressing very well, but of course they are not available before or straight after the international break.
on Laurent Koscielny…
Koscielny has a little chance to be back after the international break.