- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
Arsenal Eyeing Move For Bayern Munich Attacker – Reports
Following on from last night’s Champions League capitulation, many Arsenal fans have been discussing potential signings in the January transfer window so they may be interested to know that we are reportedly lining-up a move for out-of-favour Bayern Munich attacker Xherdan Shaqiri.
The Swiss international is being tipped to leave Bayern after failing to establish himself as a first team regular since his move from FC Basel in 2012.
Pep Guardiola is reluctant to let him leave but reports claim that Shaqiri has grown tired of his bit-part role at the German giants and wants out.
The likes of Liverpool and Tottenham understood to be keen, however, the Daily Star are now reporting that Arsenal have thrown their hat into the ring and Arsene Wenger is supposedly ready to try and lure the 22-year-old to the Emirates this winter.
I’m not really sure how another attacker is going to solve our obvious deficiencies in defence but I suppose he’d be a useful addition to the squad none-the-less.
He was superb at Basel before joining Bayern and showed his quality at the World Cup with Switzerland last summer, and he’d bring yet more pace to our attack.
However, despite the players desire, I don’t think Munich will let him leave mid-season so we may have to wait until the summer – which could actually work out well for us.
Santi Cazorla’s form has been declining steady this season and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was to be his final year at the club, and Shaqiri would be a superb replacement for the Spaniard.