- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
RATINGS: My Ratings After Shambolic Arsenal Blow Three-Goal Lead
Well that was a complete shambles. To throw away a three-goal lead is one thing but to do it at home to a side like Anderlecht is quite another.
This game summed up this squad perfectly; Great in patches going forward. Terrible in defence. Absolutely no leadership. Nobody capable of protecting the back four. Naive beyond belief.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny – 6/10 – Made a great save at 0-0 but he got his positioning completely wrong for the late equaliser.
Chambers – 5/10 – Got caught out for the important first goal. Shouldn’t have allowed the cross to come in.
Gibbs – 6/10 – Fairly quiet going forwards and wasn’t particularly at fault for any of the goals.
Mertesacker – 5/10 – Got beaten far too easily by Mitrovic for the third goal.
Monreal – 5/10 – Was only a matter of time until he cost us playing at centre-back. Sstupid to give away the penalty.
Arteta – 6/10 – Things collapsed when he was forced off with a hamstring problem.
Ramsey – 5/10 – Another worrying display. Looks a shadow of the player from last year. Hopefully his form turns soon.
The Ox – 7/10 – Should never have been taken off. Took his goal well and was a threat all night.
Cazorla – 5/10 – Poor form continues. Offered little.
Sanchez – 8/10 – Once again our stand-out player. Stunning volley. Feel sorry for him playing with some of these players.
Welbeck – 6/10 – Had a few half chances that he failed to take. Won the penalty.
Flamini – 5/10 – Put himself about a bit but lacked the control of Arteta.
Podolski & Rosicky – N/A – On too late.
So another embarrassing capitulation from a group of players that should really have learn’t their lesson by now. Who’s to blame? Everybody. The buck stops with the manager but the players should be taking far more responsibility.
Let’s hope we can somehow restore some confidence before Sunday’s trip to Swansea…..