- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsenal Confirm Midfielder Loan Deal
Arsenal have confirmed that French midfielder Francis Coquelin has joined Charlton Athletic on a one-month loan deal.
Coquelin has been at the club since 2008 but has managed just 43 first team appearances during that time.
Having previously spent time on loan at Loreint, the 23-year-old enjoyed a season out on loan at Freiburg last year where he played 24 times.
The midfielder returned to Arsenal in the summer but has made just one appearance this campaign – a start against Southampton in the Capital One Cup.
It seems Arsene Wenger has decided to give him the chance to play some regular first team football as we’ve allowed him to join Charlton on a one-month loan deal.
I think it’s safe to say the writing is on the wall for Coquelin and he’s highly unlikely to ever make it at Arsenal. He’s now 23 and despite the fact we are crying out for a mobile defensive midfielder, Arsene has continually over-looked him.
Hopefully he can impress while on loan and secure a permanent move away. He’s a talented boy but just hasn’t got what it takes to succeed at AFC.