- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Wenger Offers Jack Wilshere Injury Update
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger expects Jack Wilshere to return to training either today or on Monday as he bids to try and be fit for Tuesday’s clash against Anderlecht.
Wilshere sat out yesterday’s 3-0 win over Burnley at the Emirates after picking up a minor knee injury in training last week.
Arsene suggested at his press conference on Friday that the midfielder was also expected to miss our Champions League clash against Anderlecht this coming week.
However, speaking to Arsenal.com last night, the boss left the door open to Jack taking part after revealing that he’ll return to training by Monday and be assessed ahead of the game on Tuesday.
Wenger also confirmed the excellent news that we didn’t pick up any fresh injuries yesterday, which makes a nice change!
on Jack Wilshere…
He has not practiced yet. Will he be available? We’ll see. I think he will try tomorrow, Monday latest.
on any new injuries…
We certainly shouldn’t rush Jack back as we should have enough to beat Anderlecht without him, but let’s hope he’s available because a midfield of Flamini and Arteta isn’t doing it for me right now.