- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal ‘Agree €40m Deal’ To Sign Defender In January – Reports
Widespread reports are claiming that Arsenal have agreed a €40m deal to sign Mats Hummels in January after holding lengthy talks with Borussia Dortmund.
The German international’s future has been cast in doubt in recent months after failing to agree terms over a contract extension at the Westfalenstadion.
Obviously Dortmund are desperate to keep hold of him but Hummels knows he can get a better deal elsewhere and at 25-years-old, it appears he may be ready for a new challenge.
The uncertainty over his future has led to interest from several European clubs with Arsenal and Manchester United among those leading the chase.
However, the Daily Star are citing reports coming out of Spain that claim we’ve now put ourselves firmly in the driving seat after supposedly holding ‘advanced talks’ with Dortmund about a January move.
The newspaper even suggests that Arsenal have already agreed a €40m (£31.5m) deal with the Bundesliga club and that Hummels is set for a move to the Emirates this winter.
It’s difficult to know how much truth there is in these reports but it would be a sensational coup if we could somehow pull off this deal.
Arsene has already confirmed he’ll look to bring in a centre-back in January and a player of Hummel’s quality would make a huge difference to this team.
We certainly have the funds to do it, so if the German international is open for the move, then it could be a possibility.
However, I still have my doubts over whether any potential deal would take place in January. Dortmund are well on course to qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League, so would they sell one of their key men when they’re still in Europe? I don’t see it happening.
So we might have to wait until the summer to try and land Hummels, but he’d be worth the wait.