- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Wenger Confirms Arsenal Forward Set For Shock Early Injury Return
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Olivier Giroud is set to make a surprise early comeback from his ankle injury.
Giroud was ruled out for up to four months after fracturing a bone in his ankle against Everton in August.
Many thought he might not feature until the New Year but Arsene has confirmed today that the striker is now ‘miles ahead’ of schedule and is set to return to training after the upcoming international break.
The boss told Arsenal.com:
on Olivier Giroud…
[He is doing] very well. He’s three weeks ahead of schedule and I think he will join in normal training after the international break.
on that being a big boost…
Yes of course. He’s miles ahead of schedule.
This is great news and unless he suffers a set-back, Giroud should be back in full training when the players return from international duty around the 18th-19th November.
I doubt he’ll be available for action straight away but he should certainly be playing again by early December which is a huge boost.
Danny Welbeck has virtually played every minute since joining the club on deadline day so Giroud’s return will share the load up front.
It’s also going to be interesting to see how Wenger plans to use the pair and who his first choice striker will be. For me, Welbeck offers more but I see that Giroud would be useful for certain ‘more physical’ games.
I just hope Danny doesn’t get shunted out to the wing too much as there’s no doubt he’s far better through the middle, but hopefully the competition for places will push them both on to greater heights.