- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
Wenger Confirms Arsenal Ace ‘Not Ready’ To Face Burnley
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Theo Walcott isn’t ready to start against Burnley this weekend.
Walcott has been back in full training for three weeks after recovering from knee surgery that’s kept him out since January.
The 26-year-old was an unused substitute against Sunderland last weekend and some have suggested he could be set to make his first start of the season against Burnley.
However, having played just 45 minutes for the under-21′s over the past 10 months, Arsene feels he’s not yet ready to start this weekend.
“Theo Walcott is not completely ready,” Wenger told reporters this morning.
“He’s been out for too long to start.”
It’s likely that Walcott will be named among the subs once again and if the game allows, he might get a 20 minute run-out in the second half.
It makes sense to ease Theo back into action and he certainly shouldn’t be rushed back to face Burnley. Let’s give him a couple of sub appearances over the next two games and he might have a chance to start against Swansea next weekend.