- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Attacker ‘Tells Club He Wants £25m Arsenal Move’ This January
According to reports in Spain, Pedro has made it clear to Barcelona he wants to make a £25m move to Arsenal in January.
The Spanish international’s future has been cast in doubt in recent months and speculation intensified over the summer after he questioned his future at the Nou Camp following a frustrating time last season.
Pedro was eventually persuaded to stay at Barca by new boss Luis Enrique but he’s continued to be on the fringes of the first team and he’s been pushed even further down the pecking order now that Luis Suarez is available again.
Arsene Wenger is a known admirer of the 27-year-old’s and reports earlier this week claimed that we had opened initial talks about a potential £25m move this winter.
And now Spanish outlet Fichajes are reporting that Pedro has now gone to Barcelona officials to make it clear he wants to make the move to Arsenal in January.
It’s difficult to know how reliable this source is but as exciting a signing as Pedro would be if this report is true, I’m left asking myself; do we really need him?
We have enough small, technical attackers in the squad already and with Theo Walcott set to return to action this weekend, we don’t really need another wide player unless the likes of Lukas Podolski or even Santi Cazorla are going to leave.
So while I’m a big fan of Pedro’s, I’d prefer to see us use our resources on signing a world class defensive midfielder and a centre-back in January.