- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Top Arsenal Target Trying To ‘Force €32m January Move’ – Reports
According to reports, Arsenal have edged closer to securing the signature of Spanish attacker Pedro after he supposedly handed in a transfer request at Barcelona.
We’ve been linked with Pedro for some time and speculation increased in the summer after the 27-year-old questioned his future at the Nou Camp at the end of last season.
Having been a bit-part player under Tata Martino last season, Pedro told reporters just before the World Cup:
“I don’t know what’s going to happen yet, I don’t know anything.
“I’m calm though, I’m at the World Cup and that’s all that matters right now.
“When a decision has to be made, I’ll speak with the club and we’ll see what happens.
“Right now I’m only concentrating on the Spain squad and having a good World Cup. Whatever comes in the future, will come.”
In the end, the attacker was persuaded to stay by new Barcelona boss Luis Enrique but reports suggest he is still unhappy at the Catalans as he continues to play second fiddle to the likes of Lionel Messi and Neymar this campaign, while the return of Luis Suarez has pushed him further down the pecking order.
The Express claim Pedro has now had enough and is trying to force a January move after handing in a formal transfer request, and the newspaper suggests that Arsenal have emerged as front runners for a deal that would cost €32m (£25m).
Arsene Wenger is a known admirer and there’s no doubt Pedro is a talented player. However, I have my doubts over how much truth there is in this report.
Firstly, I can’t see the player handed in a transfer request at this stage of the season. Surely he’d wait to see where things stand a little closer to January ?
Also, do we really need another small, technical forward? We signed Alexis Sanchez and Danny Welbeck in the summer and Theo Walcott has just returned from injury so I don’t really see where Pedro would fit in.
Therefore, unless we pick up another serious injury or someone like Lukas Podolski or even Santi Cazorla leaves, then I really don’t see Arsene paying over over €30m on another forward this winter.