- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
RATINGS: Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez Carries Poor Gunners Again
It was another lackluster performance from Arsenal but we ground out a vital 2-0 win with Alexis Sanchez once again proving the difference for us, as he took advantage of two defensive mistakes to score both goals.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny – 6/10 – Decent stop from Rodwell early in the second half to keep it at 1-0 but had little else to do.
Gibbs – 6/10 – Comfortable at the back but was unfortunately forced off with a hip injury. Let’s hope it isn’t serious.
Chambers – 6/10 – Solid enough at right back and then moved into the middle when Gibbs went off.
Mertesacker – 6/10 – His height was important on a couple of occasions. Kept Fletcher quiet.
Monreal – 6.5/10 – Fair play to him, he did a good job in the middle but looked far more comfortable when he was moved to left-back.
Arteta – 6/10 – Back after a four week lay-off and kept things ticking over.
Flamini – 5/10 – I felt he looked a little lost alongside Arteta as he didn’t know what his role was meant to be. Lucky to get away with a ‘robust’ challenge.
Cazorla – 5/10 - Close to adding a second with a left-footer but that’s about as good as it got. His finishing was terrible in the second half.
The Ox – 5/10 – Anonymous in the opening 45 and gave away possession far too much after the break. Was trying to make things happen but just wasn’t his day.
Sanchez – 8/10 – Once again our only shining light. Stunning chipped finish to open the scoring and his persistence in the final minute sealed the game as he forced an error from Mannone. He just doesn’t stop working and is carrying this team right now.
Welbeck – 6/10 – Worked hard, make some decent runs, but wasn’t a threat in front of goal.
Bellerin – 6/10 – A shaky start but settled into the game.
Ramsey/Rosicky – NA – On too late.
So another frustrating performance but we managed to come away with the three points and that’s all that matters on days like today. Let’s hope our confidence in the final third returns for the Burnley game next weekend.