- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Hit With ANOTHER Injury Blow As Ospina Faces 3 Months Out
Arsenal have been hit by a fresh injury blow with David Ospina facing up to three months on the sidelines with a thigh injury.
Ospina joined Arsenal in the summer in a £3m move from Nice but his early months at the club have been plagued by injury.
The 26-year-old was initially ruled out with a thigh injury that he picked up while playing for Colombia at the World Cup and he was made to wait until our Capital One Cup clash with Southampton to make his debut last month.
He made another appearance for the first team three weeks ago when he came on midway through the second half to replace Szczesny when he was sent off against Galatasaray.
However, according to Mirror journalist John Cross, the keeper’s thigh problem has flared up again and scans have confirmed he’ll be out until well into the New Year.
It’s another huge blow and these injuries just keep getting worse. Something seriously has to be done about this ridiculous injury situation.
With Ospina now out for the foreseeable future, youngster Emiliano Martinez has the opportunity to step up starting with tomorrow’s clash with Anderlecht.