- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal To Sign Prolific Hitman For FREE?
According to reports in France, Andre-Pierre Gignac is set to leave Marseille on a free transfer with Arsenal keen on bringing him to the Emirates.
Gignac is a striker who’s long been linked with a move to Arsenal and it looks like the rumours are resurfacing after the 28-year-old rejected a new contract at Marseille.
The French international is now in his final year of his deal and the Mirror cite Le10 Sport as claiming that he has made it clear he won’t be penning an extension.
Gignac’s agent has previously admitted his client is keen on a move to the Premier League and even named Arsenal as a potential destination, and Le10 Sport suggest that we are interested in signing him when his deal expires in June..
He’ll be able to hold talks with foreign clubs as of January and sign a pre-contract agreement ahead of a free transfer move in the summer, so it’s understandable he’s attracting interest.
The striker has been in prolific form this season, scoring 10 goals in just 10 games, but unless we’re planning on selling Giroud, I fail to see a place for him in our squad.
Another target man is probably the last thing we need so I hope Arsene Wenger concentrates his efforts on bringing in a centre-back and defensive midfielder before he worries about signing Gignac.