- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Arsenal Held Talks With Agent Last Week Ahead Of €8m January Deal
Reports suggest that Arsenal have held initial talks over a potential €8m deal for Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
We were linked with the 21-year-old last week after his agent, Miroslav Bicanic, confirmed he is due to hold formal face-to-face negotiations with Arsenal officials in November.
However, the Daily Mail claim that we’ve stepped up our pursuit and held initial talks with Bicanic last Thursday after Inter Milan made a £3.5m offer.
The bid was rejected by Zagreb as it falls short of their €8m (£6.4m) valuation but the Italians are expected to come back with a fresh proposal so Arsene Wenger was keen to progress his interest and has shown he’s more willing to meet the Croatians asking price.
Brozovic is a versatile midfielder who made his name as an attacker but has recently moved back in to a more defensive role so Arsene may see him as the answer to our defensive midfield problems.
Mathieu Flamini’s limitations have been badly exposed in recent weeks while Mikel Arteta doesn’t have the mobility or physical presence we need either, so a new holding player has become a priority.
We’ll have to wait and see whether Brozovic is the answer but it looks like Arsene is working hard to try and bring him to the Emirates this January.