- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Handed Huge Blow As Wenger Confirms Koscielny Injury
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Laurent Koscielny is out of the Hull City game with an Achilles problem.
Kos was released from the France squad last week after being diagnosed with ‘acute tendinitis’ in his Achilles.
There were hopes the issues would settle over the last 10 days and he’d be in contention this weekend.
However, speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning, Arsene has confirmed the injury has worsened and Koscielny won’t play any part against Hull.
The good news is he doesn’t require surgery, but we’re going to have to manage the injury with Kos only able to play when he doesn’t feel pain.
This leaves us in a precarious situation in defence as Calum Chambers is suspended so Arsene is going to have to choose between playing Nacho Monreal at centre-back or handing Isaac Hayden his debut.
Wenger: Koscielny is not in contention for Saturday, but he will not need to have surgery." #AFCvHCFC
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) October 16, 2014
The basic message on Koscielny was that he'll play when he can manage the pain. Not a great state of affairs.
— gunnerblog (@gunnerblog) October 16, 2014