- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsene Wenger FINALLY Reveals Some Positive Injury News
We’ve finally been handed some positive news on the injury front with Arsene Wenger revealing that Olivier Giroud is ahead of schedule in his recovery from injury.
Giroud was ruled out for at least four months after suffering a fractured tibia against Everton on the 23rd August, with the Frenchman not expected back again until the New Year.
However, Arsene has told French outlet BeIN Sports on Sunday night that the striker is now ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation.
Arsène Wenger on Olivier Giroud to BeIN Sports: "I think he is ahead of schedule in terms of rehabilitation."
— Get French Football (@GFN_France) October 12, 2014
This is excellent news as we’ve really missed Olivier in recent weeks. Danny Welbeck has done extremely well since joining from Man Utd and I think in the long-term he will certainly be our first choice striker.
But we need options up top and Giroud gives us something different against the more physical teams or from the bench, so it will be great to have him back sooner than expected.
It’s not clear exactly what his new comeback date is but hopefully we will see him in December as it would be great to have him back ahead of what will be a hectic festive period.