- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Confirmed: Arsenal Star Taken To Hospital For Scan
Arsenal are sweating on yet another injury concern after Mesut Ozil was sent to hospital for an MRI scan on a knee complaint.
I brought you the news yesterday that Ozil missed training in Frankfurt on Tuesday with the German national squad and was forced to remain at the team hotel.
Now the DFB [German Football Association] has confirmed that the 25-year-old has once again missed training on Wednesday as he’s been sent to have an MRI scan on his left knee in Munich with team doctor Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt.
A statement on the German football associations official website read:
Mesut Özil did not participate on Wednesday morning on the training of the German national team. The player Arsenal had come with complaints in the left knee to the meeting point of the DFB team to Frankfurt , on Wednesday morning , he traveled to Munich to National Dr. Müller -Wohlfahrt , to undergo an MRI examination .
It’s claimed that Ozil arrived in Germany with a knee problem, which indicates he may have suffered the injury while playing for Arsenal against Chelsea on Sunday afternoon – although the playmaker didn’t appear to be struggling with any injury during the game and completed the ninety minutes.
Ozil is now a major doubt to take part in Germany’s Euro 2016 qualifiers against Poland and Republic of Ireland.
Arsenal will be sweating over the results of the scan as another injury to a key player is the last thing Arsene Wenger needs with the likes of Ramsey, Arteta, Giroud and Debuchy all out.