- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Lining-Up €76m Triple Swoop, Terms Agreed For One Deal
Reports claim that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is lining up a triple swoop for Julian Draxler, Sami Khedira and Anderson Talisca this January that will set us back around €76m.
The boss has just come off the back of his biggest ever summer of spending that saw us splash out around £70m on Alexis Sanchez, Calum Chambers, Mathieu Debuchy, David Opsina and Danny Welbeck.
However, with over £100m still left in the bank it seems the spending is set to continue as the Daily Star claim that Arsene is gearing up for a spending spree this winter.
The paper suggests that we’ve already agreed personal terms worth around £100,00-a-week with Sami Khedira and are now ready to open negotiations with Real Madrid over a deal for the German midfielder.
Khedira is in the final year of his contract and Madrid are keen to sell in January rather than lose him for nothing in the summer, so we could snap him up for around €10m – which would be a bargain for a player of his quality.
The Star also claim we’ll renew our long-standing interest in Schalke attacker Julian Draxler but will have to pay his €45m buy-out clause as the Germans are in no mood to sell for anything less.
The final player on Wengers radar is supposedly keen on is Benfica midfielder Anderson Talisca, with the 20-year-old attracting a lot of attention in Portugal after scoring six goals in just seven games since his move in the summer.
The boss sent scouts to watch him in action as he scored during a 4-0 win over Arouca at the weekend, but any deal could set us back around €21m as the Brazilian has a sizeable buy-out clause written into contract.
The total outlay is in the region of €76m for all three players but I don’t think there’s a chance in hell Wenger will spend that kind of money, regardless what the newspaper says.
Khedira would be an excellent purchase and he’d fill a void we need to fill in the squad, but I would personally question spending big money on Draxler or Talisca unless we’re planning to sell Lukas Podolski or even Santi Cazorla.
For me, a dominant midfielder and a defender is needed in January. The likes of Draxler can wait until the summer…