- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
PREVIEW: Arsenal v Galatasaray, Team News, Line-Up + Prediction
Arsenal are in Champions League action tonight as we welcome Turkish giants Galatasaray to the Emirates.
The game has become ‘must win’ after our 2-0 loss to Borussia Dortmund on Matchday 1, as another defeat tonight would leave us with a mountain to climb to secure qualification to the knockout stages.
Dortmund are now the early favourites to finish top meaning Gala could be viewed as our main competition for second spot, so it’s vital we secure a win this evening.
Our preparation for the game could have been better, to say the least. We followed up last weeks League Cup loss to Southampton with a 1-1 draw with Spurs on Saturday. We dominated the game but struggled to create many clear cut chances and unfortunately we lost Mikel Arteta and Aaron Ramsey to injury, so it was a disappointing day all round.
Hopefully we can get three points on the board tonight and get through the game with no fresh injury concerns ahead of our visit to Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
With Rambo and Arteta out it means Mathieu Flamini is certain to start in midfield. Let’s hope he puts in a better display than Saturday….
Jack Wilshere has been passed fit to play despite twisting his ankle at the weekend. Arsene refused to confirm whether he’ll start the 22-year-old but we don’t have too many other options, so I think we’ll see Jack start.
Theo Walcott will return to full training next week but he’s still not in contention, so joins Mathieu Debuchy, Olivier Giroud, Nacho Monreal, Serge Gnabry and Yaya Sanogo in missing the game.
While this is the team I’d go with, I also think it will be very similar to the side Arsene picks. As I mentioned earlier, he may decide to rest Jack and start Oxlade-Chamberlain in midfield but otherwise I think we’ll see this side take to the field tonight.
Galatasaray are going to be a tough nut to crack as they have plenty of quality and experienced players, but I think we’ll get the win we need. Arsenal 2-0 Galatasaray.