- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsenal ‘Confident’ Theo Walcott Will Sign New Deal Soon
Arsenal are believed to be confident of agreeing terms with Theo Walcott over a new deal, according to the Mirror.
Theo’s current contract is due to expire in June 2016 and the last thing the club want is him entering the final year of that deal next summer.
The speculation over his future was unbearable the last time we allowed that to happen, with the 25-year-old linked with a number of top European clubs back in 2012.
The attacker finally put pen to paper on a three-and-a half year deal worth £100,000-a-week in January 2013 but with that contract now running down, it’s time to get him round the negotiating table once again.
Having already agreed terms with Mikel Arteta and Olivier Giroud over new deals, the Mirror claim Theo will be the next high profile player to enter talks and Arsenal chiefs are understood to be ‘confident’ a resolution will be found.
Let’s hope so as Walcott is a vital part of our squad and he’s been sorely missed over the past 10 months. He’s due to return to training next week and it will be a major boost to have him available again.