- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal Eye Shock Summer Swoop For Bargain Midfielder – Reports
According to reports, Arsenal are eyeing a shock summer swoop for Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph.
The 24-year-old has enjoyed an excellent last 12 months at Villa Park and earned a call-up to the England squad earlier this month.
His form has attracted interest from some top clubs, who have now been made aware of the fact Delph is now in the final year of his contract.
The Mirror claim that Arsenal are among those keeping a close eye on his situation and it looks increasingly likely that the midfielder will leave Villa on a free transfer next summer after rejecting their latest contract offer.
If clubs like Arsenal are showing an interest, the player will no doubt be keen to assess his options as we’d be able to offer him a bumper deal – especially if we can nab him on a free transfer.
Delph has emerged as an energetic ball-winner, which is something we certainly lack in our side at present, and he could be an interesting option to solve our defensive midfield issue.
He may not have the European experience that Arsene is looking for, but he’s at a good age, is English, has vast experience in the Premier League and would be FREE, so I can see why he’d appeal to the boss.