- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
TWEETS: Bellerin + Hayden React On Twitter To Arsenal Defeat
Arsenal crashed out of the Capital One Cup in disappointing style last night with a 2-1 defeat to Southampton at the Emirates.
We got off to an excellent start when Alexis Sanchez put us ahead with a stunning free-kick but a needless foul in the box from Tomas Rosicky gifted the Saints a way back into the game just minutes later. Tadic making it 1-1 from the spot.
The visitors then won it with a thunderbolt from Nathan Clyne just before half time to dump us out the League Cup at the third round stage for the first time in 10 years.
It was a poor performance overall but two of the more promising displays came from two of our youngsters with Hector Bellerin putting in an adventurous shift at right-back, while Isaac Hayden was impressive at centre-back on his debut.
While the more established players have steered clear of social media, as they usually do following a defeat, Bellerin and Hayden have had the balls to take to Twitter to have their say.
Bellerin kept things simple saying ‘on to the next one’, while Hayden was a little more insightful saying he was ‘gutted’ by the result but backed the boys to bounce back.
— Isaac Hayden (@IsaacHayden65) September 24, 2014
On to the next one pic.twitter.com/R1zzk0F7uv
— Hector Bellerin (@HectorBellerin) September 24, 2014