- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Arsenal Set To Open Formal Talks Over €7m Midfielder
Reports claim that Arsenal are set to hold formal talks with PSG over a deal for €7m-rated midfielder Adrien Rabiot.
We were strongly linked with the 19-year-old during the summer window when Arsene Wenger was on the look-out for a defensive midfielder.
However, a move failed to materialise and the French under-21 international ended up staying at the Parc des Princes despite turning down a new contract offer from the Ligue 1 champions.
Rabiot is now in the final year of his deal and will be able to hold talks with foreign clubs about a free transfer move next summer as of January 1st.
But it appears we’re keen to bring him in sooner as the Daily Mail are reporting that Arsenal chiefs are set to hold formal talks with PSG about a potential deal for when the transfer window reopens this winter.
The newspaper claims that PSG will do business at around €7m (£5.6m), but we might be able to bring them down a bit as he’ll be available for nothing just a few months later.
The teenager has made his name as a defensive midfielder and is highly rated in France, so he could be a long-term replacement for Mikel Arteta if we are able to bring him to the Emirates.
Another bonus is he can also play at centre-back so given our shortfall in that area, he’d certainly be a useful addition to the squad.
We’ll have to wait and see how things develop and although I think Rabiot would be a good buy, I’d still prefer we pushed the boat out and went for William Carvalho.