- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Make Offer To Highly-Rated Belgian Starlet
Arsenal are the latest Premier League club to show their interest in highly-rated Belgian goalkeeper Mile Svilar.
The 15-year-old has been tipped for great things after making the breakthrough at Anderlecht and the Belgian giants are desperate to tie him down to professional terms as soon as possible.
The youngsters father, former Yugoslavia keeper Ratko Svilar, has claimed that although they have agreed terms with Anderlecht, his future is still up in the air as he can’t sign the contract until he turns 16 next August.
Svilar revealed that his son has already had a trial at Chelsea while Manchester United have made their interest known, and the Daily Mail claim that Arsenal have also put forward an offer to take the teenager on trail ahead of a potential move.
“He was at Chelsea. And Manchester United also enquired. Everyone wants him.
“We already have an agreement with Anderlecht, even though he can’t sign a contract until his 16th birthday.
“Nowhere would be better for him, he is beautifully guided. From his 20th birthday, we’ll see. It’s not just talent and luck, it is also hard work.”
Obviously we all crave big-money signings but it’s just as important to look to the future and bring through the youngsters and this Svilar sounds like he’s got a bright future ahead of him.
We’re facing some stiff competition for his signature from the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd but Arsene Wenger has an excellent reputation for developing young stars so that could work in our favour.