- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger Confirms 5 Young Stars Are In The Squad To Face Southampton
Arsenal take on Southampton on Tuesday night in the Capital One Cup and Arsene Wenger has confirmed that five of our young stars will be in the squad.
Hector Bellerin made his first team debut against Borussia Dortmund last week and is expected to come back in to start at right-back having been left out for Saturday’s trip to Villa Park.
Arsene has also revealed that forgotten midfielder Francis Coquelin – who spent last season out on loan – will be in the squad and could make his first appearance of the campaign.
The Frenchman will be joined by Isaac Hayden in the squad with the youngster likely to start at centre-back, while Chuba Akpom and Semi Ajayi could also see some game-time after being named in the 18-man squad to face Southampton.
Here is what Arsene told Arsenal.com:
on the young players who could feature…
On Tuesday night you might see Hector Bellerin, Francis Coquelin and Isaac Hayden. In the squad we have Chuba Akpom and Semi Ajayi as well. These are the players that are the closest.
on Chuba Akpom…
I’m happy that he has developed as a goalscorer, because when he was a younger kid, his problem was finishing. That has gone now. He’s a very good finisher and he has now to learn the tactical side of his game. Then he will be ready, because he is a huge talent.
on Isaac Hayden…
He’s a ball winner, he’s a good central defender and a good central midfielder. Technically he was working on his game a bit, but now he is ready for that level.