- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
INJURY NEWS: Wenger Sets Return Date For Walcott, Gnabry + Sanogo
Arsenal take on Southampton on Tuesday night in the Capital One Cup and Arsene Wenger has given some team news ahead of the game.
The boss confirmed that Nacho Monreal will once again miss the match after failing to recover from a back complaint, so it’s going to be interesting to see who starts at left-back as I’d expect Kieran Gibbs will be rested ahead of the Spurs game.
Arsene also gave an update on Theo Walcott and says the winger is ‘doing very well’ and should be back in full training after the forthcoming international break.
Yaya Sanogo has missed the last four games with a hamstring injury but he too should be available again when the players reconvene ahead of the Hull City game on the 18th October.
Serge Gnabry is yet to feature this season due to a knee injury but the young German should join Theo and Yaya in full training next month.
This is the update Arsene gave Arsenal.com:
on Nacho Monreal…
He is not far, but he is not ready yet.
on Yaya Sanogo…
He is similar, he will be back after the international break.
on Walcott and Gnabry…
Theo is doing very well, and Gnabry is doing very well too. They should be available after the international break for full training.