- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
RATINGS: Ozil + Welbeck Impress As Arsenal Beat Villa 3-0
Arsenal beat Aston Villa 3-0 on Saturday afternoon with Mesut Ozil and Danny Welbeck getting on the score-sheet. Here are my player ratings:
Szczesny 7/10 – Not his busiest days work but pulled off a vital save at 0-0 which turned the game in our favour.
Chambers 7/10 – Solid display from the youngster filling in at right-back. Although he could have been sent off for a silly challenge when already on a booking.
Mertesacker 7/10 – Steady at the back and was rarely troubled once we’d taken the lead.
Koscielny 7/10 – Used his pace to kept Agbonlahor on a leash for the most part.
Gibbs 7.5/10 – His cross was turned in by Cissokho for 3-0 and it capped a fine display by Kieran. Endless running down the left flank.
Arteta 6/10 – Caught in possession a few times early on but improved as we took control. Still not the answer to our defensive midfield problem though.
Ramsey 5/10 – It was like watching the Ramsey of two years ago all over again. I lost count how often he gave away possession. Still doesn’t look 100% fit and is clearly low on confidence. Hopefully he’ll be back to his best soon.
Cazorla 6.5/10 – Good to have him back in the side and he kept the ball moving without having any real impact in the final third.
Ozil 8.5/10 – Great to see him shut his critics up. Superb all-round display from Mesut, and it was no surprise given he started in the No.10 role. Lovely calm finish for 1-0 then a superb assist for Welbeck. Perfect timing to boost his confidence heading into an important few games.
The Ox 7/10 – His pace and direct running caused Villa problems. I always like seeing him in the side because he’s a real threat and works hard.
Welbeck 8/10 – Lovely ball for Ozil’s goal and opened his account for Arsenal with a well-taken strike.
Wilshere, Rosicky, Podolski 6/10 – All on for the final 15 minutes when the game was dead.