- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal ‘In Talks With Midfielders Agent’ Over January Move
It appears Arsenal have renewed their attempts to sign Adrien Rabiot with reports today claiming we have reopened talks with the midfielders representatives over a potential January move.
We were strongly linked with a number of defensive midfielders throughout the summer and Rabiot emerged as a key target during the final few weeks after we failed to make any headway on deals for the likes of William Carvalho, Sami Khedira or Morgan Schneiderlin.
In the end we couldn’t agree a deal with Paris Saint-German so he stayed in France but the 19-year-old is almost certain to leave after rejecting the offer of a new contract.
Rabiot has less than 12 months left to run on his current deal and is able to sign a pre-contract agreement with foreign clubs as of January 1st, and the Mirror claim that Arsenal have sounded out the players agent to discuss a possible switch to the Emirates.
It’s thought we’d prefer to bring him in this January but could be prepared to wait until the summer to sign him on a free transfer if PSG aren’t willing to do business.
The Ligue 1 champions have been trying to persuade the player to commit his future to the club but with first team chances limited, it’s highly likely he’ll leave either this winter or next summer.
Roma and Juventus are also on the case but the newspaper suggests that we’re working hard to try and tempt the midfielder to North London.
It’s pretty clear to all Arsenal fans that we desperately need an athletic defensive midfielder to replace Mikel Arteta and while it was a travesty that this wasn’t solved in the summer, let’s hope Arsene is finally able to bring someone in this winter.
Rabiot would be an interesting choice as he’s a hugely talented player and is also capable of playing at centre-back – which is another area we should have strengthened this summer – so fingers crossed we’re able to persuade him to move to the Emirates.