- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger Confirms Debuchy Could Miss Up To 3 Months
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Matheiu Debuchy is facing between 6 and 12 weeks on the sidelines, depending on the result of today’s scan.
Debuchy picked up an ankle injury during the closing stages of last weekend’s 2-2 draw with Manchester City after appearing to catch his studs in the turf.
Initial signs were that it was a bad injury but Debuchy appeared more optimistic on social media, telling his fans on Facebook that he hoped to be back ‘asap’.
Arsene has been speaking at his press conference this morning and revealed that the right-back will have another scan today and if it shows the need for surgery then the French international will be out for 3 months. If not, then he could be back in just 6 weeks.
The boss told reporters:
Wenger: Debuchy's injury will be assessed today. "If he doesn't need surgery, it'll be 6 wks. If he does need surgery, it will be 3 mnths."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) September 19, 2014
So today is d-day and obviously we need to keep everything crossed that he doesn’t require surgery. To lose Debuchy for 3 months would be a huge blow and a real shame for the player as he’s settled in well following his summer move from Newcastle.
The results from the scan should become clear later this evening, lets hope for some good news….