- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Double Injury Boost For Arsenal
It looks like we’ve finally been handed some positive injury news with reports claiming that Jack Wilshere and Nacho Monreal will be available for this weekend’s trip to Aston Villa.
Jack was a doubt for the game after picking up yet another ankle injury during the closing stages of our 2-0 loss to Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday night.
Arsene Wenger said after the game that he didn’t think the injury was serious but they were going to be cautious with him due to his past history with ankle problems.
However, the Times claims that scans have shown that Jack has suffered only minor bruising and is expected to return to full training on Friday and be in contention for the trip to Villa Park.
There is also good news on Nacho Monreal – who didn’t travel to Germany due to a back problem - with the newspaper suggesting that the Spaniard will also be back in training tomorrow.
Monreal is unlikely to start but at least it gives us another option from the bench as we were down to the bare bones in defence on Tuesday.
Our defensive options will be boosted further with Calum Chambers also expected to be passed fit. The 19-year-old was only able to make the bench against Dortmund due to a bout of tonsillitis but he should be fit to play this weekend and is likely to replace Hector Bellerin at right-back.