- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
RATINGS: Arteta Exposed Again As Arsenal Slump In Dortmund
We produced our worst performance of the season to deservedly lose 2-0 away to Borussia Dortmund last night, these are my ratings from the game:
Szczesny 6.5/10 - Made some excellent saves to keep it at 0-0 and could do little about the opener, but was certainly at fault for the second as he went walk-about.
Bellerin 6/10 - Thrown to the sharks on his debut. The youngster did alright but was caught out of position a few too many times.
Mertesacker 6/10 - Caught out for the second and looked even slower than he usually does.
Koscielny 7/10 - Kept us in it for the opening half hour as he made several vital interceptions but will know he should have done much more to stop Immobile scoring.
Gibbs 6.5/10 - A definite improvement on Monreal at left-back. Did well to dig out a cross for Welbeck in the first half.
Arteta 4/10 - Badly exposed once again in a big game. How Arsene thinks that Arteta is the answer to our defensive midfield problem is beyond me. His lack of pace is a huge issue for the team and until we bring in a ‘proper’ holding midfielder, we’re not going to challenge for major honours.
Wilshere 6.5/10 - At least he showed some fight in midfield. Picked up another ankle injury though, so fingers crossed it isn’t serious.
Ramsey 5/10 - Very poor once again. Looks a million miles away from the all-action midfielder of last season. He doesn’t look 100% fit but I don’t think the 4-1-4-1 formation is suiting him either.
Sanchez 6/10 – Put a shift in again but was caught in possession too often.
Ozil 5/10 - Completely wasted out wide again. It’s no excuse for his lack of effort, but you don’t pay £42m for the best No.10 on the planet and play him wide. Unless your Arsene Wenger, of course.
Welbeck 6/10 – Could have had a hat-trick as he missed three glorious opportunities to score, including two when the score was at 0-0. I have a feeling we’re going to have to get used to seeing Welbeck miss a few chances this season.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.5/10 – Made a superb last ditch tackle to prevent a goal.
Cazorla 6/10 – Little impact.
We need to put this game behind us quickly and bounce back at Aston Villa. It’s time Arsene swallows his pride and ditches the 4-1-4-1 and reverts back to the 4-2-3-1 of last season with Ozil in the middle. Yes it means dropping one of Ramsey or Wilshere but that’s what having a squad is all about.