- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Debuchy Confirms He Has ‘Broken Ankle Ligament’, May Need Surgery
Arsenal defender Mathieu Debuchy has confirmed he has broken a ligament in his ankle and will find out on Friday if he requires surgery.
The Frenchman picked up the injury during the final stages of Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Manchester City after appearing to catch his studs in the turf.
Boss Arsene Wenger said after the game that it was a bad ankle sprain but it seems the injury is worse than first feared.
The 29-year-old has confirmed on his official Facebook page this evening that he has ‘one broken ligament’ and he’ll discover on Friday if it will require surgery.
‘No fracture but one broken ligament… I have to wait until Friday in order to know if I must have surgery.’
This is a huge blow and regardless of whether he has to go under the knife, Debuchy is now set for an extended spell on the sidelines. I’m sure we’ll know more on Friday but I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t see him again until the New Year.