- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
RATINGS: Arsenal 2-2 Man City: Sanchez + Wilshere Superb
Arsenal were held to a 2-2 draw in a hugely entertaining game with Manchester City at the Emirates on Saturday afternoon. Here are my ratings:
Szczesny 7/10 | Made a vital save to deny Silva from making it 2-0 and made another superb save in final minute to deny Dzeko a winner, but should have done better with the Demichelis equaliser.
Debuchy 6.5/10 | Was having a solid game until he went off on a stretcher with what Arsene has called a ‘badly sprained ankle’. Let’s hope he’s not out too long.
Mertesacker 6.5/10 | Looked shaky at times and failed to track Aguero for the opener.
Koscielny 7/10 | Made countless interceptions and bailed us out on a number of occasions.
Monreal 6/10 | A predictable weak link against the pace of Navas. I can only assume Gibbs wasn’t fully fit otherwise it was a huge error not to start him.
Flamini 5/10 | Another weak link in the team. Was badly at fault for the Aguero goal and just isn’t up to it against the top sides. Arsene’s decision not to sign a defensive midfielder has already cost us.
Wilshere 8/10 | A pretty average first half but as good as you’ll see all season after the break. He scored one and made the other, and was our driving force all over the pitch.
Ramsey 6/10 | A few pieces of link-up play but on the whole he was disappointing. Didn’t look fit.
Ozil 6/10 | Awful for the opening hour of the game. Stray passes are one thing but he simply didn’t look interested. But improved as the game got stretched in the final 30 and he drifted more centrally. The new formation with Ozil out wide doesn’t work for the German and it’s a shame to see. He has to play in the middle or we’ll have to get used to inconsistent displays.
Sanchez 8/10 | Another tireless performance from the Chilean. He just doesn’t give up, works for every ball and capped it all off with a stunning volley. He’s a star in the making.
Welbeck 7/10 | Very lively early on and was unfortunate not to open the scoring with a chipped finish that came back off the post. In hindsight, he should really have put it away though. Worked his socks off so much he was forced off with cramp.
Subs: Chambers (6), Arteta (N/A), The Ox (N/A)
A point was a fair result in the end but we really needed to hang on for all three once we went ahead given we’ve now drawn our last three games. We simply must beat Aston Villa away next week.