- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Made Audacious Bid For Juventus Midfielder – Report
According to reports, Arsenal made an audacious bid to try and sign Juventus midfielder Kingsley Coman this summer.
The 18-year-old was one of the most highly-rated youngsters at Paris Saint-Germain having broke the record for being the youngster ever player to play for the club when he made his debut at just 16.
He snubbed a new deal with the Ligue 1 giants to join Juventus on a free transfer back in June, with Coman understood to have signed a five-year deal worth around £10,500-a-week with the Italian champions.
However, the Express claim that Arsenal made a cheeky attempt to try and persuade Juve to turn a quick profit by tabling a £3m bid for the teenager this summer.
The newspaper suggests the offer was rejected out of hand as the Serie A champs believe they could have the ‘next Paul Pogba’ on their hands.
Even if we had managed to agree a deal, we might have found it difficult to persuade the player to move to the Emirates. Coman recently confirmed that he snubbed a move to Arsenal, as well as several other clubs, to join Juve where he feels he can follow in the footsteps of other French greats.
“Juventus has a history with French players.
“Some of them did very well. So I told myself, why not me? I thought about it a lot. I had to take a decision regarding PSG.
“Then there was Arsenal, Liverpool, Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Bordeaux. I’ve hesitated a lot about Bordeaux and I talked with Willy Sagnol, I knew him from the France Under-21 team and he promised me playing time.
“But this process came a little too late and I was already thinking about Juve.”