- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal ‘Expect’ To Sign €12m Spanish Forward In January – Reports
Arsenal are already planning ahead of the January transfer window and reports claim that we ‘expect’ to wrap up a €12m deal for Barcelona forward Munir El-Haddadi this winter.
Munir is the next big thing to come out of the Barca academy and he hit the headlines this season after scoring a wonderful goal on his debut against Elche.
The youngster has also recently earned his first senior international cap for Spain and it seems he’s caught the eye of Arsene Wenger.
The Metro claim that the boss has been monitoring the 19-year-old’s progress for several months and is now confident of bringing him to the Emirates in January when we have made it clear we’ll activate his €12m release clause.
Munir is still on a youth contract at Barca and is yet to agree terms on a professional deal, hence why his release clause is so low, but Luis Enrique is desperate to try and get him to commit his future to the Nou Camp.
He’s certainly an exciting talent and I’d love to see him come to the Emirates but despite the Metro claiming we ‘expect’ to sign him this winter, I’m not convinced we’ll be able to pull it off.
Obviously we’ve got a history of stealing youngsters from Barcelona but usually they are a few years younger and haven’t broken into the first team set-up yet, so it’s probably going to be more difficult to persuade Munir to leave now he’s in Enrique’s plans.