- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal To Hold Talks Over Deal For £37m-Rated Midfielder
Reports in Portugal claim that Arsenal are due to hold further talks with Sporting Lisbon chief Bruno de Carvalho this week about a potential deal for £37m-rated midfielder William Carvalho.
The 22-year-old was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates throughout the summer but he eventually remained at Lisbon after we failed to agree terms over a move.
Carvalho has a buy-out clause worth £37m but it was reported in the media that Lisbon lowered their asking price to nearer £24m during the final stages of the summer transfer window, but negotiations were complicated by his third party owners.
Lisbon are considering trying to buy the remaining 40% of the midfielders economic rights to make it easier to sell the player in January, and Portuguese newspaper Record claims president Bruno de Carvalho will use his trip to Manchester this week for the Soccerex Global Convention to hold talks with prospective buyers.
Among those on his list are Arsenal and with Arsene Wenger expected to be back in the market for a defensive midfielder this winter, these talks could pave the way for Carvalho to finally come to North London when the window reopens.