- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
“My Agent Was In Talks With Arsenal” – Striker Reveals Gunners Talks
Nikola Zigic insists he was in talks with Arsenal over a shock late move to the Emirates.
We were on the look-out for another front-man during the closing stages of the window after Olivier Giroud was ruled out for four months and reports suggested that Arsene Wenger had been in touch with the Serbian’s representatives.
The 33-year-old’s agent confirmed the talks and suggested that we’d offered Zigic a one-year deal, but Arsene was quick to dismiss the rumours after our draw at Leicester last Sunday.
However, Zigic has now spoken out and insists there was an approach from Arsenal and although a move failed to materialise, the lanky striker admits he was just happy to be among the players Arsene was considering.
“Everything that you saw in the press was true,” .
“My agent was talking with Arsenal but they finally opted for another player [Welbeck].
“We talked with them until the last days of the market. I am very happy because Arsenal had me on their list. I would have liked [to join them] but big teams always consider several alternatives.” Zigic told reporters.
Thankfully we ended up signing Danny Welbeck from Manchester United in a £16m deal as I think the boss would have come under some serious criticism had he gone for free agent Zigic.