- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Blow As Mesut Ozil Emerges As Injury Doubt To Face Man City
Arsenal are sweating on the fitness of Mesut Ozil with the playmaker emerging as a serious doubt to face Manchester City next weekend due to an ankle injury.
Ozil received lengthy treatment on the sidelines during the final stages of our 1-1 draw at Leicester City last Sunday after appearing to take a kick on his ankle.
The 25-year-old managed to complete the 90 minutes but the injury forced him to miss Germany’s 4-2 defeat to Argentina on Wednesday and reports claim he is also set to miss the European qualifying clash with Scotland on Sunday and is now a major doubt to face City next weekend.
We welcome the Premier League champions to the Emirates after the international break and it would be a huge blow if Ozil was ruled out. We’ve already had our fair share of injury problems this season with Giroud, Gibbs, Arteta and Koscielny all sidelined at one stage or another, so to have another first team player ruled out for such a big game would be disappointing.
Fingers crossed Ozil responds well to treatment over the next week and is able to feature against City.