- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Giroud Left Out Of Arsenal’s Champions League Group Stage Squad
Olivier Giroud has been left out of Arsenal’s Champions League squad for the group stages of the competition.
The Frenchman is expected to be on the sidelines until the New Year with a broken tibia so there was very little point in including him in the squad list – unless of course he makes a miraculous recovery. Then we’ll feel slightly foolish.
But that’s unlikely to happen as our final group game is away at Galatasaray on December 9th, and there’s very-little chance Giroud will have recovered by that point, so new signing Danny Welbeck has taken his place.
The squad includes 25 players from the A list plus a further 13 from the B list – which includes players who were born after the 1st January 1993 – so the likes of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Serge Gnabry and Chuba Akpom all qualify.
A new squad will be submitted for the knockout stages, should be qualify, so Giroud can be added at that time once he’s recovered from his injury.
So here is the list of players who are eligible to play for Arsenal in our Champions League group games against Borussia Dortmund, Galatasaray and Anderlecht.