- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
Arsenal To Make Move For Italian Midfielder In January – Reports
Arsenal are ready to turn their attention to Marco Verratti after appearing to lose out on PSG team mate Adrien Rabiot, according to reports.
We were strongly linked with a move for Rabiot during the closing stages of the summer window but widespread reports claim the 19-year-old has agreed to join AS Roma.
The Serie A club were unable to get a deal over the line on Monday but the Daily Star suggest that they will look to wrap up the move in January.
The newspaper claims that Arsene Wenger will also renew his efforts to bring in a central midfielder this winter and although he still holds an interest in Rabiot, the boss realises the teenager is likely to join Roma so has turned his attention to PSG team-mate Verratti.
The 21-year-old is also highly-rated at the Parc des Prince but unlike Rabiot – who is in the final year of his contract – Verratti is contracted until 2018, so it’s going to be even more difficult and expensive to land him.
Verratti has 8 senior caps for the Italian national side to his name and is considered as a real star of the future, so he’d be a major coup if we could pull it off, but he’s not exactly the defensive midfielder I feel we desperately need so there might be more suitable targets out there.
Someone like William Carvalho would be ideal, but it seems Arsene isn’t prepared to pay the £20m+ that Sporting Lisbon are demanding. Let’s hope we can bring in a defensive midfielder during the winter window as it’s an area – along with centre-back – we desperately need to strengthen.