- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Eye Late Schneiderlin Swoop As Carvalho Deal Stalls
Reports this afternoon claim Arsenal are eyeing a dramatic late swoop for Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin as a potential deal for William Carvalho continues to stall.
We’ve been linked with a whole host of defensive midfielders all summer with Schneiderlin and Carvalho two of the more prominent names on the list of prospective targets.
After weeks of speculation, Southampton ruled out selling Schneiderlin earlier this month and we soon switched our attention to Portuguese international Carvalho.
However, a deal with Sporting Lisbon has proven difficult to agree due to the fact an investment firm owns 40% of his economic rights and the club are demanding well over £20m for the 22-year-old.
Goal are now reporting that with the Carvalho deal stalling, Arsene is contemplating going back in with a late swoop for Scheiderlin.
He was always my preferred choice due to the fact he’s proven he can cut it in the Premier League so I’d love to see us pull it off, but surely Southampton would demand a huge fee to sell one of their key men this late in the window?
For this reason, I simply don’t see anything coming of this. If we wanted him, we should have pushed for his signature weeks ago. The clock is ticking, and the closer we get to the 11pm deadline, the more it looks like Arsenal will end up empty handed.