- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
Arsenal ‘Activate Huntelaar’s €16m Buy-Out Clause’, Welbeck Interest Ended
Arsenal are set to end their interest in Manchester United’s Danny Welbeck after activating Klaas-Jan Huntelaar’s €16m buy-out clause.
Widespread reports this afternoon claimed that we were closing in on the loan signing of Welbeck after he opted for a move to Arsenal over Tottenham.
Some journalists suggest he’s already undergone a medical at London Colney this afternoon after training with the England squad, but others believe the deal is not that far down the line.
However, the Daily Star are citing reports in Germany which claim we are set to end our interest in Welbeck after triggering the €16m (£12.5m) buy-out clause in Klaas-Jan Huntelaar’s contract at Schalke.
On a hectic day like transfer deadline day you hear all kinds of crazy rumours and I personally would be surprised if Arsene Wenger chose to pay £12.5m for a 31-year-old with a dodgy injury record.
The Welbeck deal on loan sounds far more feasible in my opinion, but we’ll have to see how things develop.