- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Arsenal Battling To Sign Barcelona Striker In Shock €12m Deal
Arsenal are trying to convince Barcelona striker Munir El Haddadi to ditch the Catalans and make a €12m move to the Emirates, according to reports.
El Haddadi is the latest product of Barca’s youth academy and burst on to the scene with a stunning goal in their win against Elche last week.
However, the Spanish giants are vulnerable to losing the 18-year-old as his current contract – which expires in 2017 – includes a buy-out clause worth just €12m.
The Express claim that Arsene Wenger is will to trigger the clause and is trying to persuade the youngster to make the move to the Emirates Stadium.
However, Barca have responded to our interest by opening talks with the strikers camp about a new deal that would not only include a huge pay rise, but would also see his buy-out clause increase significantly, so we’ll have to get in there quick if we want to get a deal done.
If we’re successful, El Haddad will become the latest player to swap Barca for Arsenal with the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Hector Bellerin and Jon Toral all making the move to north London in recent years.