- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
World Class Striker ‘Tells Arsenal He Wants To Join Them’ – Reports
According to reports today, Radamel Falcao has told Arsenal he is willing to make the move to the Emirates on loan until the end of the season.
We are currently facing a striker crisis following the news that Olivier Giroud is set to be sidelined until the new year with a broken foot and the newspaper are linking us with a whole host of names, including a shock move for Nikola Zigic.
It’s not exactly clear what Arsene Wenger’s plan is but the Metro are reporting today that Monaco striker Radamel Falcao has told Arsenal that he wants to move to the Emirates until the end of the season.
Falcao is available on loan as Monaco are keen to get his hefty wages off their books due to new cost-cutting measures put in place by the clubs owner, and the report suggests that a deal for the Colombian international would set us back around £20m when you factor in a loan fee and the players wages.
Obviously Falcao would be a dream signing and he’d be a huge upgrade on Giroud, but I personally don’t think there’s any chance Arsene would sanction spending that kind of money on a short-term move.
Maybe if we could persuade Monaco to lower their fee and Falcao to reduce his wage demands, it would make the deal more manageable. Otherwise I just don’t see it happening.