- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Striker Having Arsenal Medical, Personal Terms Agreed – Reports
There are reports going around this afternoon claiming that Arsenal are on the verge of signing Nikola Zigic on a one-year deal with the striker understood to be undergoing a medical today.
With Olivier Giroud facing three months out with a broken foot, Arsene Wenger is on the look-out for another striker and we’ve been linked with the likes of Edinson Cavani, Loic Remy, Danny Welbeck and Radamel Falcao.
However, there are some concerning reports coming out of Serbia that claim we are in fact closing in on former Birmingham City striker Nikola Zigic, with the 33-year-old understood to be having a medical after agreeing terms over a one-year deal.
The news comes after the 6ft 7″ strikers agent, Milan Calasan, was quoted in Serbian newspaper Sport as confirming that Arsene called him on Tuesday to express his interest in Zigic and offer him a one-year contract.
‘Wenger called me on Tuesday and stressed his desire to sign Zigic.
‘He was offered a contract until the end of the year, with a view to it being extended to 2015 – we’ll see what happens.’ Calasan said
Since this quote was given, it seems the deal has been agreed and the lanky striker is believed to be on the verge of sealing a shock move to the Emirates.
What the actual f*ck?! Surely this has to be a wind up? To go from being linked with Cavani and Falcao to signing Zigic would be simply ridiculous.
We have well over £50m still sitting in the bank ready to be spent and if Arsene really does turn down the opportunity to sign someone like Falcao – who is available on loan – for a has-been like Zigic, then he’s really lost the plot this time.
Fans just about put up with signing the likes of Silvestre and Kallstrom when we we going through tough times, but now we KNOW money is available, there are simply no excuses left anymore if the boss doesn’t address the glaring problems in the squad.
I still think this Zigic report is a joke, as I won’t let myself believe otherwise, but if Giroud is in fact ruled out until the new year and we haven’t brought in a top quality forward come September 2nd, not to mention the centre-back and world class defensive midfielder we also need, then serious questions have to be asked of Arsene Wenger.