- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
RATINGS: Arsenal 1-0 Besiktas: Sanchez + Cazorla Superb
We booked our place in the group stages of the Champions League with a nail-biting 1-0 win over Besiktas at the Emirates on Wednesday night.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny 6/10 | Had very little to do in terms of shot-stopping, but commanded his area well enough.
Debuchy 7.5/10 | Very unlucky to have been sent off as he CLEARLY got the ball. Was having a great game until that ridiculous decision.
Mertesacker 7/10 | His presence at the back was important. Kept things calm and under control, for the most part.
Koscielny 7/10 | Kept Ba quiet and made a couple of important interceptions.
Monreal 7/10 | A solid shift from the Spaniard. Got forward to support the attacks when needed.
Flamini 6.5/10 | Worked hard and threw himself into everything.
Wilshere 8/10 | Much better from Jack. Those driving runs and bursts of pace were on show again and he showed some neat touches. Played a key role in the goal too.
The Ox 7/10 | Very lively early on as he used his pace well down the right, but faded after the break.
Cazorla 8.5/10 | Superb. Worked his socks off for the team and just didn’t stop running. Great to see.
Ozil 6.5/10 | Sadly he played from the left wing but was still involved in some positive moments. Has to start centrally to see the best from him though.
Sanchez 8.5/10 | Easily his best performance yet, and that’s not just because his scored the winner. Worked tirelessly for the team up front, and showed he’s got what it takes to lead the line. He’s going to be a star.
Chambers 7/10 | On to fill in for Debuchy at right back and somehow got himself booked for running on the pitch too early. Held himself together and performed well though once he was on the field.
It was a tense final few minutes but we got there in the end and our task was made all the more difficult by poor finishing and even worse refereeing. Fingers crossed for a favourable draw on Thursday evening.