- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Arsenal Open Talks For €20m Hitman, Player Wants Move
Alessio Cerci is keen on moving to Arsenal after Arsene Wenger opened talks with Torino over a potential deal for the €20m-rated forward, reports in Italy claim today.
It looks like we’re now frantically trying to bring in a striker before the window slams shut at the end of the month as Olivier Giroud is facing three months on the sidelines with a broken foot.
Sky Sports Italia journalist Gianluca di Marzio claims Arsenal are showing a keen interest in Torino striker Alessio Cerci and it’s understood we’re now pushing to try and thrash out a deal with the Italians after opening negotiations.
Torino apparently want around €20m for the 27-year-old but Italian outlet Tuttosport says that Cerci would jump at the chance of moving to the Emirates if we can get a deal agreed.
The Italian international has been linked with several Premier League clubs in the past and the likes of AC Milan and Roma are understood to be interested as well this summer, but I’m not convinced he’s the player we should be looking at.
He’s predominantly a winger and can also play as a second striker, but he isn’t a target man who can play with his back to goal and hold the ball up, and that’s exactly the type of striker we need if Giroud is in fact ruled out for three months.
Also, if Arsene is going to bring in a versatile forward in the mold of Cerci, I’d rather we just took a punt on someone like Loic Remy. He’s available for half the price and has experience in the Premier League, so would be far less of a risk.
We’ll have to see what the boss decides but lets pray we can bring in another striker before the window shuts on 1st September as we’re screwed if Giroud is sidelined for any length of time. We needed another forward even with him fit so we desperately need to sign someone now he’s injured.